family pic

family pic

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

I'm weak. He's strong. Yay Jesus!

(our first day of school)

I really should be working on a blessed critical analysis paper for British Literature (I know it sounds dreadful right!) but my heart is heavy and my mind is foggy, so i thought I'd blog.

So this is where I am since my last blog. Finals this week...and on campus classes have started... and all three boys have started school...  and my sweet sweet Kydon has only been taking 30 min naps at daycare and has been a sweet little nightmare in the evening. I am SO overwhelmed and therefore am feeling very weak physically, emotionally, and spiritually. During stressful times like this I just want to give up spiritually and have an escape from reality and responsibilities. I get consumed by loneliness and long to have a someone to carry the load with. BUT that is not God's will for me right now. I've got to do this alone. And if I'm honest that just kind of stinks right now! BUT a verse just came to my mind, 

Each time he said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. (2 Cor. 12:19)

How great is that?! And who has ever boasted about their weaknesses?! Most of us would boast  about things such as growth in Christ that has made US feel mature and capable of doing great things. We would name those great things we had done, but then make sure we add something like "for God's glory" or a "praise the Lord" at the end. But who has ever boasted and enthusiastically said that they've "felt really weak this week and completely incapable of doing anything great for the Lord!". No one ever. That person would typically be given a three step plan of what THEY could do to strengthen themselves spiritually so that THEY could do great things for God. Do you see where I'm going with this?

Its not about what WE do for God. Its about what HE does through us! Amen, right?! Ok, at least it gets an amen from me because that's perfect for me right now :) So, now I shall go back to my paper (insert a brief mental temper tantrum), still in a state of weakness, but so grateful that God can use me just. like . this.

No comments:

Post a Comment