family pic

family pic

Sunday, June 3, 2012

A New Chapter Part 2

I thought it was time to continue my last blog because I'm sure you all have anxiously been checking out my blog to see if I finished telling about our new chapter in life (or at least that's what I'd like to believe bc   it makes me feel kind of important :) So, a brief summary of my last post: I was running KCQ's Cakes with my business partner Tabatha and we both felt like we needed to phase out the business bc our children were getting neglected, so we did, and God blessed :)

Right when I made that decision I knew I needed to start looking for a replacement job. I hadn't even gotten the word out except to a few close friends when I received a call from a dear lady in my sunday school. She wanted me to manage an online video project for kindermusik. I took the job and was able to get my work done during the kids' nap time and even bring my computer to mcdonalds and work while they played in the play area. The work was WONDERFUL compared to working with cake! Since then I've been able to manage a couple of other pilots with them and I love it. One of the pilots is international and I get to correspond with people from all over the world. I have always loved interacting with different cultures and its been fun for me to have a job where I get to do so.

The work I'm doing is part time and this fall Carter will be attending school and Kydon's therapists have been telling me that it would be really beneficial for him to go to daycare or preschool. For the past year I have felt like God has been wanting me to go back to school to finish up my degree, but I didn't think it was possible. While doing the cakes, I knew I had to give up that career to do so and I didn't want to do that, so I said "no". I also didn't know how I would pay for school... another "no thank you Lord".  I didn't think I could work and go to school... "can't do it God". I also had Kydon home with me and didn't want to put him in preschool... "see, there is no way God". Oh, and there was no way I'd be able to work my school schedule around the boys' school schedule. I did NOT want them to have to go to before or after school care, especially with Carter starting his first year of school. I basically told God "I like the idea of going back to school, but it will literally take a miracle to work everything out to enable me to go back".

He continued put the idea in my head until one night I surrendered it to Him. I decided that I wanted to go back. I've always dreamed of being a counselor and feel like that is God's calling on my life. I knew I couldn't just wait for a counseling career to land in my lap... I had to plan and prepare for it. The first step would be going back to school. When I thought of all the factors I had going against me and of everything that would have to work out just right in order for me to attend I became discouraged... and worried. Eventually I just prayed and surrendered it to God. I told Him if it was His will I was going to trust Him to work everything out for me to go back. If not, then I would be okay with it and would know it couldn't be worked out because it was not His will. I had such a peace after that.

And I guess there will now be a part three to this post bc, once again, this is getting incredibly long :) Stay tuned for more ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment