family pic

family pic

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Happy Birthday Kydon

"I..think...I'm.....gonna......pop"
(after birthday cake with mamaw and papa black in indiana)

The birthday cake I made for him
Tuckered out after birthday festivities




Today my sweet little squirt turned a year old. He has been a joy to me and his brothers. I keep thinking what a lucky little boy he is to have two older brothers that love him so much and look out for him. I was just thinking today about what a great blessing he has been in my life. The start of my pregancy with him marked alot of trials in my life, but God knew what He was doing. I knew that he was going to be a blessing in the midst of chaos. I look back with dissapointment that the labor/hospital visit and newborn phase wasn't the way I wanted it to be, but Kydon was a great joy in the midst of my hurt. I would just look at him and my heart would swell and naturally bring a smile to my face. Now I know that joy can be found in God alone, but He knows that sometimes we need an extra blessing, and Kydon was that extra blessing.








For those of you who read my last post, this next paragraph might be a bit of a shock to you.... are you ready....








This morning I sincerely praised the Lord for Kydon being a handful. The youngin doesn't sleep, is super needy, and is ALL over the place getting into EVERYTHING! I know you are thinking, she must be one of the christians who constantly have a smile on their face and deny pain because they think it makes them more spiritual, saying, "my life if falling apart, but praise Jesus". Nope, not me I hope. I've realized that if Kydon was sleeping, I would have a hard time getting out of bed. If he wasn't all over the place I would be sitting around, not functioning very well. If he wasn't so needy, I would totally be focused on me and wouldn't be thinking outside of myself. So I can honestly praise God for using him to keep me going.








Now don't get me wrong, in the midst of a hard day, I still pray and beg God to make things easier, but in retrospect I can look back and praise Him. We don't always see God's plan, but isn't it encouraging and exciting when you can look back at your life and see how He was working? So, with all that said, I would like to wish my little man a very happy first birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment